Thursday, October 24, 2013
Wednesday, August 07, 2013
Located in the fabulous Marina Bay this home offers you a nature inspired way of life. Walk the Bay Trail or enjoy the sunsets over the bay and create the lifestyle you want.
Listed at $349,000.
Open Sunday 8/11 and 8/18 from 2:00-4:30
By Gina Odom, Realtor
Monday, July 01, 2013
Wednesday, June 26, 2013
- Prospective homebuyers are increasingly energy savvy, so when new appliances need to be updated prior to sale, the more energy-efficient they are, the more worth highlighting they will be. Us "Green-Minded" real estate agents know how to emphasize a property’s ‘green’ attributes.
- If you have an attic or a basement that is currently serving little purpose, conversion can pay off. Basements are often the more affordable option since they call for little structural remodeling. Conversions can be into a games room, office, or utility area. Attics are often best converted to bedrooms or office space (or at least staged to suggest the possibility
- Landscaping including features like decks can be a huge selling point. If you are prepared to engage in a little DIY, adding a deck can be among the most cost-effective of improvements. According to HGTV, the cost of a professionally built deck starts at about $15 per square foot, with more elaborate installations featuring costly hardwoods or composite materials running closer to $35.
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
The galley style kitchen offers you views of the Golden Gate Bridge as well as the impeccable front garden. Granite counters, ample cupboard space, tailored made oven hood, Viking Stove and Refrigerator are just a few of the details to appreciate while enjoying your tea nd reading the paper.
A 900 sq.ft. deck allows for a great space to entertain your guests while watching the sun set over the bay. A variety of fruit trees, flowers offer a gardening paradise. Enjoy a variety of "walking paths," to get into town or visit treasures of Berkeley like Indian Rock.
Offered at $1,495,000.
More information and pictures: www.898Spruce.com.
Written by Gina Odom, Realtor
Monday, June 03, 2013
Monday, May 20, 2013
Lots of windows, gleaming hardwood floors, coffered ceiling, large welcoming porch, downstairs bedroom has separate entry, backyard has stone patio wich makes a great space for entertaining. Offered at $749K come see why this Craftsman stands out from the rest! For more information go to www.3945LaCresta.com OPEN SUNDAY 5/19 and 5/26 from 2:00-4:30. By Gina Odom, Realtor
Monday, May 06, 2013
Thursday, May 02, 2013
Close to 70% of families say they have a dog or a cat in their household. If you are in that sizeable majority and are planning on relocating, there are some planning steps you can take to help ease the move for your four-legged family members.
Since the daily routine is going to be thoroughly undermined, on the day of your move, do as much as is practical to retain a calm atmosphere. If possible, provide a small quiet area where the pets can stay out of the way and safely clear of any wide-open doors. If you have portable fencing that's strong enough to do the job, remember to make it available with the first wave of unpacking.
Relocating to any new home is the perfect storm to create opportunities for pet prison breaks. A move can disrupt behavior patterns for even the most loyal four-footer. Both cats and dogs who have gotten lost during relocation have famously made their way back home -- even when home isn't there any more. Prevent such misdirected heroics by making sure the garden has been fully secured before you move - and have all collars equipped with new tags with new local contact information. A doubly failsafe method is to have your pet micro-chipped.
Relocating will be a big event, and a big adventure. Pup and Kitty will settle in shortly: the truth is, as soon as you are content, they will be, too. Moving here to the East Bay will provide you plenty of options for doggie daycare and petsitting. Being a dog owner myself, I have plenty of recommendations for care.
Also, If you are in the early stages and have not yet found your new local home, I offer some of the best service in town - and I'd be delighted to introduce you to some of our best neighborhoods!
Written by Gina Odom, Realtor
Monday, April 22, 2013
written by Gina Odom, Realtor
Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Monday, April 08, 2013
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
According to Realty Trac, distressed sales of all kinds continued to decrease in the last reported quarter, yet the non-foreclosure short sale volume increased by 4%. That amounts to a significant 22% of all sales. Realty Trac’s are the most reliable national statistics, and our East Bay short sale profile has likewise reflected the continuing working out of the distressed property phenomenon.
- From the beginning of the short sale process, keep your agent informed of any changes in the financial picture. That means keeping up-to-date on the changing balance remaining on the mortgage, as well as the number of missed payments. When the information is at hand, your agent can impart the sense of urgency that gets your home sold as fast as possible.
- The speed of sale is important, yet while a short sale specialist is an expert in that arena, other important details regarding taxation and the law may influence the best overall strategy. By encouraging your real estate agent to work alongside an experienced attorney or tax specialist, you will form a team that can execute your short sale package more efficiently than if they worked independently.
- Executing a short sale means meeting multiple demands—each with its own timing requirements. That can mean a lot of pressure: but if your agent asks you to do something or provide additional information, stand ready to do it! That speeds negotiations with buyers and lenders, increasing the chance that you will successfully close your short sale.
Monday, March 18, 2013
Monday, March 04, 2013
- - Falling Inventory. Per the NAR’s Existing Home Sales Report, there’s a nation-wide shortage of total inventory. By the end of January, it had fallen another 4.9%: lowest in seven years. Raw unsold inventory hasn’t been this low in 14 years!
- - Rising Demand. Per last week’s National Association of Home Builders’ News and Alerts bulletin, “housing demand continues to return.” NAR Chief Economist Lawrence Yun, pointing to buyer traffic that is up 40% over a year ago, states flatly, “We’ve transitioned into a seller’s market in much of the country.”
- - Buyer Attitude. Also last week, the Conference Board’s Consumer Confidence Index showed a rebound from January. The ‘Present Situation’ index rose sharply (from 56.2 to 63.3). This remains the only less-than-stellar point of contention, I think one area could be a tipoff to gathering strength: the proportion of those expecting their income to rise is now growing, those expecting the opposite, falling.
Monday, February 25, 2013
Given that there is no city transfer tax in El Cerrito and they just built a brand new city hall and the downturn of the economy it doesn't surprise me that the city needs to find other ways to collect revenue.
written by Gina Odom
Hey! Hold it! This is only February, but now the same outfit is telling us that the actual home prices gain last year was 5.9%. Doing a little arithmetic, it seems that the 100 economists and forecasters, faced with the task of estimating home prices for a year that had just a week left, were off by 28%! (They also acknowledge that the same panel had predicted the rise would be 2.3% only three months earlier).
Thursday, February 21, 2013
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Thursday, February 07, 2013
Tuesday, February 05, 2013
Gina Odom, Realtor
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Monday, January 14, 2013
Check it out!
By Gina Odom, Realtor
Thursday, January 10, 2013
Cute starter home just came on the market in South Berkeley. This sweet bungalow is completely remodeled, hardwood floors, open layout, bonus room and features a wrap around deck. Listed at $525K. Shoot me an email if you want additional information - firstname.lastname@example.org. Listed by Linnette Edwards from BHG.
2 bedroom, 1 bath plus bonus room. Approx. 1282 Sq.Ft.
Tuesday, January 08, 2013
Friday, January 04, 2013